They're taking donations for the 5 Colleges Book Sale at the old Wilson Tire on Rte 120 in Lebanon, NH.
I usually never give up books without a fight, but I had a Kansas City Hyatt-Regency Hotel, 1981 style shelving collapse last week. An upper one went and took all the lower ones with it. It almost took me out too. They would have found my mangled corpse under of pile of trash paperbacks, like an episode of Twilight Zone. Time enough at last!
So I sorted though them all and purged a bunch. For example, I've hated Piers Anthony since I was fifteen. So why do I still have over 100 of his novels? In case of a toilet paper shortage?
Just be forewarned - the Old Ladies of the 5 Colleges Book Sale are there and they'll kill ya with their bare hands if you step out of line. One of the old ladies told me to put the bags in one place, so I started doing just that. A few minutes later some other old lady told I was doing it wrong. I said, "I was told to put them here." and she says, "Who told you to do that?"
"Uh, I dunno, someone at the front desk." Note, I did not say, "I don't know, some wealthy old bag with too much time on her hands. Do you expect me to be able to tell you people apart?"
And she says, "Well, I would like to know who said that, because she needs a good talking to!"
It should be noted that, should someone desire to make a perfume specifically designed to send me into rut, new tires and old books aren't a bad combination. Two of my favorite smells.
No comments:
Post a Comment