Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm Back! Again!

I've been farting around with computers since 1994 and this has easily been the most excruciating build ever. I almost bought an e-Machine from Best Buy - like a Goddamned animal!

The lads at Vermont Computing, after good-naturedly sneering at my beat-up circa 1997 case were blown away by the sweet innards ("That's a sleeper!" Bet your ass, kid.) and they helped me diagnose which stick of memory was causing the problem. I'm not 100% sure that's all of the issues, but I paid way too much at Best Buy today for a Monster Brand power cleansing thingy, so maybe that will help with some of my wonky power issues. Monster's pretty much cool-sounding jargon and hype, but behind all that is a quality product. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Hopefully, our long national nightmare is at an end and I can get back to doing what the LORD has ordained me to do: posting snarky comments about history, playing video games and watching MST3K.

As an added bonus, I present a picture of Senator, Vice President, racist and all-around crazy person John C. Calhoun trying bend a spoon with his mind. Or perhaps the photographer has just said, "I like black people, actually and think they're every bit the equal of white people." Anyway, somebody's head is about to explode.

He should be holding a kitty!

No comments: